THE 2014 STASHBUSTING SEWALONG!
|There may or may not be a new button... we're working on it.|
The 2014 Stashbusting Sewalong is a casual sewalong whose goal is to encourage us to reduce the size of our stashes by looking to them first. Every month has a fabulous theme you can choose to participate in if you need or want some focus to your sewing or you can just join us in pledging to destash in your own way. However it's done, as long as you use up that stash fabric you're doing great! We know we're in it together, and we know that others will be cheering us on as we go. There's nothing like working together to bust a stash!
Here's how you can join us!
- Leave a comment on this post with your pledge: "I, _______,commit to using ____ pieces of stash fabric in 2014. Additional option: I also commit to not buying any new fabric/patterns/ notions except for _______ until ______." Please include your blog if you have one.
- Post on your blog (if you have one) about your commitment! There's nothing like accountability and public shaming to get us to use up fabric that's been lingering in our stashes. Please share the link back to this post so others can join in if they want.
- Join our Flickr group (continuing from last year so lots of inspiration already there)
- Join our Facebook page (coming soon)
- Follow our Pinterest StashBusting Headquarters (all new posts and any other useful info goes here)
We decided to keep the monthly themes from last year so you can see what each month holds on our Stashbusting Headquarters Page. But knowing everything that's coming is boring so we're adding a new facet to some of the months this year.
The Curating Challenge!
Curate: to select, organize and look after items in a collection
This year along with sewing up what we've already accumulated we're going to do our best to bring a more thoughtful approach to our fabric/sewing stash so however big or small it is, it will be a beautiful whole instead of a mountain of madness. That way we will better control the stash instead of it controlling us.
Now for some changes, Cindy is a school teacher plus she has gone back to school to learn more about sewing (lucky duck) and her life has gotten much busier. This year she'll be running our Stashbusting Facebook page, doing her own stash busting, and doing some guest posting for the series. Yes, people, we're going to have guest posters this year!! I for one, am very excited about getting to hear from others and seeing what they come up with for our themes. This way we'll hopefully still have one post a week to keep us in the stash busting mood yet leave time for me to tackle some more complicated sewing projects.
I think that's it for now. If you have any questions please ask. I'll be announcing January's theme and Curating Challenge on Monday. If you participated in Stashbusting 2013 remember to go Here and enter for the end of year prizes. With that a poem just for you!
One and All!
Will you fail
Or will you fall?
And Fabric's dear
Will you sew it up this year?