Friday, January 9, 2015

January 2015 Stashbusting Theme



Welcome Everyone! 
It's a fresh new year and we're all fresh and ready to go! Flush with goals, resolutions and plans. The Pledges are coming in and the Facebook group is growing. Don't forget to stop by Flickr so we can see everyone's makes in one place! (Flickr is where we'll pull photos for monthly roundups and your projects won't get lost on the FB wall)

Before I even mention the theme I want to remind you all that they are totally OPTIONAL! Only participate in the themes if YOU want to! We are a no pressure group and are just happy to encourage each other to sew with what we have, whatever that sewing may entail.


January: Renewing Sewing
This month is about refreshing yourself in the sewing room. Sometimes we face crafting burnout from all the holiday madness and it can be hard to get back into it. This month take the time to give your sewing space a good tidy up. Organize things; think about your sewing goals for the year and how your stash can help you accomplish them.
Did you make any New Year Resolutions? Now's the time to think how sewing can help you fulfill them. Want to get fit? Sew some exercise wear. Want to make delicious foods? Sew some aprons, potholders or a table runner. Want more organization? Sew up some baskets, wall pockets, etc.
I think you get the idea!

Personally, I've got some projects cut out or half done that I want to get out of the way so I can dive into my sewing list fresh!

Whatever it takes to get us sewing again, lets do it! For added excitement we added spreadsheets to the Files tab of FB that Katie made up to keep track of all our yardage that we use!

So let's get going! What will you tackle first?

12 comments:

Becky W said...

I actually posted on my blog about my immediate stashbusting plans just this morning! My current big goals are to have enough clothes to get me through the rest of this pregnancy, and to get as much stuff ready for the baby as possible. So I'm probably going to use a nice chunk of my knit stash on the former, and I do already have a couple of things pulled out for the latter, like some fabric to make a diaper bag. Guess I'd better get off the computer and start sewing!

Shannon said...

I'm tacking the UFOs. I just finished some hats and a doll dress, so I guess it's the smallest projects first. I'd like to start fresh in February.

EmSewCrazy said...

Glad I'm not alone on the UFOS. Good luck on your projects! I look forward to seeing them!

EmSewCrazy said...

If only we could make it off the computer. :)
You have lots of ambitious plans and I'm excited in seeing how they all come together.

Lori Michel said...

Hi I have started on my ufo's yea.....I finished a bike bag my granddaughter started...She found a tutorial on a website,,,followed all the written directions, cut, pin, sewed...ended up with a box that no way could be a bag made to put on a bike's handle bars...So in the Time out Bin it went....I make totes out of dog food bags and 2 of them I sewed sideways like a laundry basket..So that is where it was on Tues. so I re-cut, sewed and added ties as a surprise for her and she loved it...So we will make another next weekend when she is at home, so she can see not where she went wrong, but how to make something out of a problem with a creative idea....I also finished the hand sewing I was doing on a buffet hot pad and added the binding...All of these projects are from my stash...Now I am working on some baskets for cleaning and organizing my dresser and sewing area also...Yeah...Thank you to this group who are helping me get into sewing again...........

Sarah Liz said...

I've got to finish collecting some stash this week before I can pledge this :)

EmSewCrazy said...

That's ok Sarah! We're here when you're ready. Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

EmSewCrazy said...

Sounds like you've got some great goals! Hope they are all going well!

EmSewCrazy said...

Glad we can help inspire you Lori! Your bike bag save sounds great. Hope the rest of your projects go well!

mindy weaver said...

I have finished 1 item. Am knitting an afghan. May slow down my 5 ufos a month. Never know. Goal is really to make progress in the right direction.

Fooniks said...

I don't even look hard at my sewing room to come up with what to do for this month. There's a little box with muslins and a shirt that's already cut out. Gotta get cracking on that.

Chuleenan said...

I didn't make any resolutions but I do want to sew down some of my stash and make more skirts and tops. I had a "sewcation" over the holidays - sewed one skirt, cut out two more, and made a muslin of a dress. Happy Sewing!